Welcome to "The Shadow of the Bear" movie blog!

We are an independant young adult-run production based in the U.S. Midwest. The film has been in pre-production since summer 2008, and wrapped up filming on August 26th, 2010.

We premiered the project on June 23rd, 2011 at the St. Anthony Main Theater in Minneapolis, MN to a delighted audience of over 100 viewers.

For details about the future of the project, click here.



Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Day 17 - July 8th '09

Can it really be day 17 already? My first two hour film, which I did when I was fifteen, required about 17 total days of filming. Right now we're hovering around the halfway point. But that's a good thing, I'd say. We're able to give the scenes the care they need.

Anyhow, I don't have pictures for this day, but you've seen the locations and sets already. We filmed bits and pieces of scenes and the Brier's house, in their entranceway. (We are using two houses for the Brier's house, one for the interior, and one for the exterior, and we have to do the entranceway scenes at both houses to get the right look and angles. Complicated!!!) Bear and Rose were having a good time...we got some fun bloopers. And the owners of the house had a lovely baby that got passed around the girls off camera, which was a fun and unusual element. :)

Then after filming, Jed and Hannah worked with Andy and I to finalize the choreography for the "Paper Moon" dance. It's looking very good! Jed had a major crash course in swing dancing, but he's doing fantastic. We are all really looking forwards to filming the prom sequence!

Also - Rose's prom dress came in the mail today! My goodness - it's BREATHTAKING. I'm absolutely in love with it. I don't have pictures yet, and probably won't until later this weekend, but I hope you all will fall in love with it as well. Rose is going to look like a fairy.

Finally I wish to assure you all that Blanche's dress is going to have some lovely cap sleeves, so that we are able to reach the level of modesty necessary for the character. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds great!!!! I'm getting REALLY excited for this!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bernadette said...

This is amazing!! Thanks especially for making Blanche's dress modest. I can't wait for Rose's! <3 :-)

The Other Katie said...

Yay for swing dancing! I can't WAIT to see Rose's dress...please post piccys soon!

Grace said...

huzzah!! i can't wait to see it!!

GO BEAR!!!