Welcome to "The Shadow of the Bear" movie blog!

We are an independant young adult-run production based in the U.S. Midwest. The film has been in pre-production since summer 2008, and wrapped up filming on August 26th, 2010.

We premiered the project on June 23rd, 2011 at the St. Anthony Main Theater in Minneapolis, MN to a delighted audience of over 100 viewers.

For details about the future of the project, click here.



Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Screenshot Wednesday


We are so close, folks...

Every day I have to deal with adjusting to a new idea of what the movie at the premiere is going to be like. I have to give up stressing about a piece of sound, or a missing shot, or a type of music. It's been a lot of hard lessons for me.

HOWEVER. That said. I think even if you all saw the movie right now, understanding that music, audio and color correction were not done, you would STILL vastly enjoy what you saw. Because the whole story is there. The characters are there. The journeys, the moments, the lines...

I've done three films previously and this is the first one where I have sat down and watched the rough cut and actually been excited about it.

Will it be perfect? No. Will it be "The Shadow of the Bear"? YES.

And those of you who are coming to the premiere get to see this all on the big screen AND meet the actors, myself and Regina!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are the three other films that you have done? I'd really like to check them out! =)

Elizabeth Amy Hajek said...

You can find my last film's website here: http://littlewomenfilm.blogspot.com/

Gwen said...

I am so glad you have come to peace with these facts of life!!! I love the movie already, after spending all my free time yesterday till today exploring the site (and reading every single post since 2008). The DVD will be treasured and watched over and over. I know it.