Welcome to "The Shadow of the Bear" movie blog!

We are an independant young adult-run production based in the U.S. Midwest. The film has been in pre-production since summer 2008, and wrapped up filming on August 26th, 2010.

We premiered the project on June 23rd, 2011 at the St. Anthony Main Theater in Minneapolis, MN to a delighted audience of over 100 viewers.

For details about the future of the project, click here.



Monday, October 20, 2008

Updates

Well, preproduction continues, though there are still a lot of details to fall in place.

However, some exciting things coming up.

First of all, I've been making some connections with other young filmmakers that may be very beneficial to the production.

And secondly, later this week I will be heading out to Virginia to meet Regina Doman in person! This is a wonderful opportunity and I am so excited to meet her in person and talk over all the scripting and movie details floating around in my head. I will definately keep you all updated on that!

Also, I know some of you have had questions about various parts of the film. If you would like to resubmit those questions as comments to this post, I will then do a FAQ post to answer them.

11 comments:

miss whimsy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TooShea Films said...

I am SOOOO excited to see this movie! Keep up the great work on it! Btw: Congrats on meeting Mrs. Doman! :)

Love the actors/actresses so far!!

Lucia said...

When filming is completed how will I be able to get a copy? Where will it be sold?

Anonymous said...

Hi,
just wondering when you will have pictures of the other characters and actors.
I can't wait to see more updates on the site.

Lucia said...

Do you have a release date yet?

When will there be a preview?

Do you plan to have one big trailer or a teaser and a normal one?

Anonymous said...

Are you going to be castinf for extras? And if so would you advertise that here?

David S. said...

Elenatintil,

I left you a Private Message at the Fairy Tale Novels forum a while back. Just checking to see if you got it. If not, could you send me an email address at which I can contact you? I'd like to introduce myself and see if there's any way I can help...

My own email is amorvincitomnes AT gmail DOT com.

Anonymous said...

Hey! I'm so excited about the movie!! I know it would be awile, but are you planning on making a Black as Night and Waking Rose?
Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited about this movie! Will you be introducing Rose and Bear sometime soon like you did Fish, Blanche, and Eileen?

Anonymous said...

Dear Elena,

When is the film scheduled to come out? How soon will the filming be ended? Have you found a character for Rose yet?

-an excited fan of Regina Doman

P.S. How did you get started doing this? Will you be interested in other filming other Catholic books after this?

Gwendolyn said...

I think the best part of all this is that the original author is taking part in the production of the film, at least somewhat. That way I know that it is fully approved by her!!! :D