Welcome to "The Shadow of the Bear" movie blog!

We are an independant young adult-run production based in the U.S. Midwest. The film has been in pre-production since summer 2008, and wrapped up filming on August 26th, 2010.

We premiered the project on June 23rd, 2011 at the St. Anthony Main Theater in Minneapolis, MN to a delighted audience of over 100 viewers.

For details about the future of the project, click here.



Saturday, February 12, 2011

Screenshot Saturday

Editing is progressing well. Yesterday evening I discovered about three hours of footage that I did not realize I already had. Most of it was the footage shot last spring while I was in Virginia, and therefore this was the first time I'd had the chance to see any of it. I must say for the most part I was quite impressed by the quality of the shots and acting, which is a huge relief because it was a very scary thing for me to entrust any part of the film to any director other than myself.

Today's screenshot is from Blanche's POV when she eavesdrops on Bear and Fish in the penthouse.


8 comments:

Maria(rose) said...

That looks so cool!
When are you going to do the video of you and one of the actors answering the fans questions??

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! This is my second favorite scene from the book!!! Your set is so perfect (what a gorgeous house!) and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE how you did this shot!

Elizabeth Amy Hajek said...

Maria - Trying to get it done! Right now I'm working on getting the tape to my friend who does the uploading for me, then he has to upload it and get it back to me. Sadly these things just take time, especially when none of us are getting paid.

LadyS - Thank you so much! This house marks the second time I've walked into a home and realized it was perfect for a movie -- and then gotten the owners permission to film there. The eldest daughter is actually a pretty serious filmmaker herself, and was part of the production crew on the independent film "Come What May."

Maria(rose) said...

OK!! I didn't mean to sound impatient I was just wondering!!!
Good Luck!!!=D

Elizabeth Amy Hajek said...

No problem! I'd be impatient too if... wait, I am impatient! ;)

Anonymous said...

I love the angle of this shot!!! It's really cool! Can't wait to see the whole thing!

Maria(rose) said...

HAHAHAHA!!!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this shot.